BitPay has been consistently anti-Bitcoin over the past years:
- They force users to both register and identify themselves when paying with Bitcoin
- They supported the S2X attack on Bitcoin (Link 1, Link 2)
- They dropped support for native Bitcoin addresses
- They block payments by IPs/locations
- They don't support SegWit
- They added KYC for purchasers
- They reject "too high" payments without their permission
- Their payment protocol has security issues
- They hold funds when withdrawing to a bank account using SWIFT
- They cooperate with Chainalysis
- more is coming...
😎 Check Awesome Bitcoin Payment Processors list to find out better ways to accept Bitcoin.